Candied Bacon, Savory
READY IN: 20-40 minutes (depending on bacon preference)
1 Package of Regular Sliced Bacon*
1 Cup Brown Sugar
¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Teaspoons Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
¼ to ½ Teaspoon Chili Powder
Red Pepper Flakes for Garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a large-rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set a wire rack inside the rimmed baking sheet to allow for grease drainage and a crispier product.
- In a large mixing bowl combine brown sugar and granulated sugar with spices.
- Toss one or two slices of the bacon in the sugar-spice mixture to coat them before laying them across the wire rack that has been set inside the baking sheet.
- Once all slices of bacon have been pre-coated and laid on the wire rack inside the baking sheet go back and sprinkle the remaining sugar-spice mixture along the tops of each of the slices to taste. Garnish the bacon slices with a sprinkling of Red Pepper Flakes
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or to desired doneness.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes for the sugars to harden.
*If thick-sliced bacon is preferred, reduce the heat to 375 degrees F and bake for 30 to 40 minutes