Strategic Divorce

900 N. Shore Drive
Suite 220
Lake Bluff, IL 60044

Call For A Free Consultation

(847) 234-4445

Strategic Divorce

Navigating Paternity Disputes with a Skilled Lawyer

  • By: spk-admin
  • Published: December 15, 2023

Determining paternity can be complicated and emotionally charged when a child is born to unmarried parents. Paternity disputes can arise when there is uncertainty about the biological father of a child or when one party questions the validity of a paternity claim. In such cases, the assistance of a skilled family law attorney can be invaluable. This post explores how a lawyer can help you navigate a paternity dispute.

Understanding Paternity Disputes

A paternity dispute can arise for a variety of reasons, including:

  • The mother is unsure who the biological father of the child is
  • The alleged father denies paternity
  • The father wants to establish paternity to seek custody or visitation rights
  • The mother wants to establish paternity to seek child support
  • There is a question about the validity of a paternity claim

The resolution of a paternity dispute can have significant legal and financial implications, as it can determine issues such as custody, visitation, and child support.

How a Skilled Lawyer Can Help

If you are involved in a paternity dispute, a skilled family law attorney can help you in the following ways:

  • Legal advice and guidance. A family law attorney can provide legal advice on your rights and obligations under the law. They can also guide you through the legal process and help you make informed decisions about how to proceed.
  • Paternity testing. An attorney can help you obtain a court-ordered DNA test to establish paternity. They can also help you challenge the results of a paternity test if you believe they are inaccurate.
  • Court representation. If your case goes to court, a family law attorney can represent you in court proceedings. They can advocate for your rights and protect your interests, ensuring your case is presented in the best possible light.
  • Negotiation and settlement. In some cases, it may be possible to resolve a paternity dispute through negotiation and settlement. A family law attorney can help you negotiate with the other party to reach a mutually acceptable agreement.
  • Mediation. If negotiations fail, a family law attorney can help you explore the option of mediation, where a neutral third party helps the parties to reach an agreement. This can be a less costly and less stressful alternative to litigation.

The Legal Help You Need

If you are going through a paternity dispute, hiring a skilled family law attorney from Strategic DivorceTM can be crucial to obtaining a favorable outcome. With their expertise and experience, they can guide you through the legal process, provide you with valuable advice, and represent your best interests in court. They can also help you negotiate a settlement or mediate a resolution, which can save you time, money, and emotional stress. Overall, investing in the services of a skilled attorney can make a significant difference in the outcome of your paternity dispute and ensure that your rights and interests are protected.

At Strategic DivorceTM, our team of experienced family law attorneys is committed to providing our clients with effective and compassionate legal representation. Contact us at (847) 234-4445 or visit our website to schedule a free consultation and learn more about how we can help with your paternity dispute.

Attorney Michone Riewer

Attorney Michone RiewerTM is a seasoned lawyer based in Lake Bluff, IL, focusing on Family Law. She brings a wealth of experience to matters of divorce, child custody, alimony, and beyond, aiming to provide clients like you with the insight you need to protect your family and move through the legal world with ease.

Connect with her firm, Strategic DivorceTM, to stay updated on the latest developments in Family Law and get in touch with an advocate who’s committed to helping you navigate the legal landscape in Illinois.

Call For A Free Consultation (847) 234-4445