What You Need to Know About an Alimony Attorney
If you are in the middle of a divorce or have a friend or relative who is going through a difficult divorce, the first thing that will come up during the process is alimony. You are probably wondering what this term means, who provides it and how the person receiving it will manage their day-to-day life with this support.
Who Is an Alimony Attorney?
An alimony attorney is an individual who can represent you in negotiating for your alimony amount or want to negotiate over a pre- arranged amount again. An alimony lawyer can also take you through a lawsuit if the other party does not meet the agreement.
Why Get an Alimony Attorney?
Breakups are hard, but at Strategic Divorce, we know them best. When your relationship is over and you’re coming out of the emotional tornado that it can be, you need a partner to take care of your legal and emotional needs. Our attorneys are here for you, they will help you to:
- Negotiate with the spouse’s attorney: This gives you a better chance of getting the alimony you need or deserve.
- Work within your budget: You will not have to come out of pocket for the attorney fees.
- While there is no guarantee, and since every case is different, your settlement could be as high as 75% of your spouse’s discretionary income.
Qualifications of an Alimony Attorney
You need someone experienced in alimony if you want to get the full amount. Alimony attorneys can help you with this by negotiating for the best possible outcome and arguing in court, if necessary. Here are some considerations to look for in an alimony attorney to help you find the right person with the right quality for your case.
- A qualified alimony lawyer can help you collect what is rightfully yours.
- A well-trained alimony attorney will know how to enforce your rights and be familiar with any ongoing legal processes in your state.
- An experienced alimony attorney should be able to offer sound legal advice, whether you are a spouse looking for divorce advice from an expert or someone who is hoping to provide clearer guidelines for your divorce settlement.
- Always check credentials: as any good alimony attorney must have a law degree and regularly participate in continuing education courses.
- A good alimony attorney is an advisory and counselor as well: They’re looking out for themselves and their bottom line. Finding you the highest possible alimony is our goal—don’t go it alone.
Contact Strategic Divorce Today
For many individuals, alimony is the most important aspect of their divorce. Whether you need spousal support payments or hope to avoid making such a payment, it is important to choose a skilled and experienced alimony attorney. At Strategic Divorce, we help clients throughout the Lake Bluff area. Our attorneys provide compassionate and aggressive representation so you can focus on rebuilding your life. Call us at (847) 234-4445 and book an appointment today.